Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RockShox Dual Air adjustment

Default RockShox Dual Air adjustment

Having never owned a Dual Air fork before, I'm having a bit of trouble sorting out the SID on my EPIC.

I've set mine up initially to have the same +ve and -ve air with the correct amount of sag, but it's feeling a little bit stiff on small bumps. So i've increased the -ve pressure by 5psi which felt a little bit better, but it has caused travel to decrease. I want to add 5psi more to -ve but i don't want to loose more travel.

So is there a way to get max travel with good small bump sensitivity?

Try increasing the + by five, then the negative +5 above this. Sacrifice a tiny bit of sage that it absorbed with the small bump compliance. This works on my REBA

dont be scared to have the travel decrease a litte. Think of it as constant sag. As long as you are getting the right sag on the fork with ur weight on it its fine!!

I ran my sid at 30% sag and i loved it. At this sag it was around 90-95mm of static travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Try increasing the + by five, then the negative +5 above this. Sacrifice a tiny bit of sage that it absorbed with the small bump compliance. This works on my REBA
    Oh really? i would of gone the other way and decrease a few psi from both.....I'll give that a go...

Quote Originally Posted by Jing View Post
    dont be scared to have the travel decrease a litte. Think of it as constant sag. As long as you are getting the right sag on the fork with ur weight on it its fine!!

I ran my sid at 30% sag and i loved it. At this sag it was around 90-95mm of static travel.
    So you're saying the drop in travel from -ve pressure should be calculated as sag? Kinda makes sense now.....coming from the Fox world, this is really bazzar to me!!!...

yes basically lets say u are after a 30% sag.

Your settings that you have it now lets say gives the fork a remaining 90mm of travel left. Just calculate sag normally and calculate it from 100mm.

You will go crazy trying to get the small bump to perform perfectly whilst retaining 100mm of full travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jing View Post
    You will go crazy trying to get the small bump to perform perfectly whilst retaining 100mm of full travel.
    ...and there's absolutely no need to - using full travel isn't what you're trying to achieve, just a by-product of it. Same goes for sag.

My advice is to have a flick through the reba fine tuning thread on mtbr to learn a bit about what's going on inside the forks then do the following:

1) no -ve, no comp, fast rebound and then add +ve til you're riding without bottoming out on all but the biggest hits.

2) add -ve til you're happy with the undamped small bump compliance.

3) apply comp and rebound to taste.

Record these as your settings and then tweak from there.

Go a link to said thread?

that's the one, just ignore the u-turn rubbish and i'm almost certain that sid chamber size varies from reba chamber sizes so all pressure numbers are pretty useless but the theory behind them helps.

THanks!

I had a quick read and it's giving me a headache already!.....Starting to make more sense now though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast