Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: My bicycles

Quote Originally Posted by lunar_c View Post
    Just had a chance to measure Grumps .. they are indeed 26.4mm!
    I got nothing. I buy stems according to the size of the bars and whatever I need to get the cockpit length sorted. I only 2 spare quill stems, both really munted Tioga T-bone MTB stems with dodgy rise.

Quote Originally Posted by munga View Post
    i always tend to aim roughly for rear axle, then tweak it a bit from there, but horses for courses
    Yep, thats my method, though comfort is the big priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorday View Post
    I just assume hoods should be level with the ground.
    Once I get the bars where I like them, the hoods are also a matter of comfort and ergonomics, as well as a seamless transition from the top of the hoods to the top of the bars.

Let's face it, all my bikes are the epitome of style and proper set up.

Grumps

Here are some bikes with classic bend bars with the bottom of the drops parallel to the ground, just to see what it looks like.

And this, the ugliest, ugliest, ugliest bike in pro cycling.

Did I mention how disgustingly putrid this bike is? It sure is ugly.

I'm really warming to the look of Classic bend bars, if I happened upon some for a good price I would give them a go.

Sport

It's neither a mistake, nor intentional. My stem is too long so it's not comfortable with the drops paralell to the ground where they usually are, is all.

Hunting for a 100mm stem..

PS : Classic bend has always worked for me!
    Last edited by lunar_c; 12-02-12 at 06:49 PM.

Sport

It's finally finished .. been busy riding it and working on my fiance's new Peugeot Tourmalet to post up pics but here they finally are! Came in at 9.6kg without pedals which is okay but there's room for improvement there by upgrading pedals and wheels in the future!

FIrst impressions .. it turns FAST, very sharp handling, it's much lighter than my other bike, I need a shorter stem (that's why it's up high), slightly longer seat post, and my headset keeps coming loose. Lots of fine tuning to do but I really like it. Rolls saddles are really comfy too.

Pics!

If anyone has a nice CInelli, 3ttt etc 1" quill stem in 80-100mm let me know..

Sport

That beach looks familiar....then I realised you're in Perth

Sport

Yep. That's Sorrento alright. I love a quiet ride down the coast path to Burns Beach .. beats riding on the road provided there isn't too many people walking/riding on the wrong side of you. It's hard work otherwise - no chance of getting a decent rythym going.

Sport

Quote Originally Posted by lunar_c View Post
    Yep. That's Sorrento alright. I love a quiet ride down the coast path to Burns Beach .. beats riding on the road provided there isn't too many people walking/riding on the wrong side of you. It's hard work otherwise.
    Know what you mean, North of Sorrento isn't too bad. South is awful, too many people who don't keep left and kids that run out without looking.

Sport

Got it in one DM.. you ever do the ride right down to the end of the path out near burns beach? it's nice when the 'traffic' thins out past mullaloo..

Sport

Can't say I head south too often. I live in Kingsley, usually ride straight down Hepburn (or drive down) and ride south most evenings around 8-9pm when it's cooler/quieter.

Sport

Got a 100mm Cinelli 1A stem on there now. It's a big improvement. Now I'm just on the hunt for a nice (campy/ritchey/3t/cinelli/etc) longer 27.2mm seat post (the 250mm isn't going to cut it..) and some 440 wide bars (again, cinelli, 3t, etc) .. to suit either 26.4 or 26.0mm anyone got something?

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast