Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Bike Lock?

Quote Originally Posted by Lambchop View Post
    This is my set-up, about 5kgs worth but wrapped around the waist you don't really notice it. I reckon my bike would be last one to go missing from a bike rack when set up with this (cable for the saddle and seatpost).
    You wear that around your waist? Man, what happens if you crash?

Speaking of bike security, the other day i was reading AMB and they were advertising a light with a built in GPS tracker. Pretty cool idea
    My garage - 88.5 Haro Sport, 2009 Trek Remedy 9 (For Sale)

Quote Originally Posted by rhys View Post
    You wear that around your waist? Man, what happens if you crash?
    Step 1: don't crash.

In the event of a crash I would lose a bit of bark off the hips, it's not tight on the waist so if it was any worse and the ambos had to remove it they could just slide it over my hips (if they weren't worried about a spinal), but I would hope they have the common sense to check my pocket for the key first because they would never be able to cut the thing off.

It is heavy but I would rather come back to see my bike where I left it, especially after just having one half-inched.
    Last edited by Lambchop; 20-10-11 at 10:22 AM.

In Canada you had to have a minimum of a 12 rating Kryponite Ulock. Even then people would carry 2 ulocks because the other wheel would get stolen. A bike on the street in Vamcouver with a cable lock would last 20min.

It's very sad the rate of bike theft in canada. There was even a man in Montreal that would carry around a pump and pretend to pump up locked up bikes only to steal their unsecured wheels and seats and anything else, people wouldn't say anything because they thought he was working on his own bike. A mate in Vancouver has had 3 bikes(separate occasions) from the bike room at his aparments. He uses a Kryptonite Ulock and a cable lock for the rear wheel. He said atleast 1 bike goes missing from his apartments bike room a week.

Hey guys, Can anyone recommend a good place to purchase Kryptonite stuff from ? thanks
    I like bikes.
    BMC SL01/Mash Bolt/Avanti Solo/Cervelo T1

When I was looking a month or so back ribble was by far the cheapest.

Thanks mate, will suss it out.
    I like bikes.

Sport

I use a 10mm abus chain with a stainless steel shop shutter lock. Just enough space to get 2 links in. Weighs though...

I like bikes.

From memory velosure/other companies will only insure you if your lock costs more than a certain amount. Might have to pay retail locally to achieve that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12