Page 668 of 676 FirstFirst ... 168568618658666667668669670 ... LastLast
Results 6,671 to 6,680 of 6754

Thread: Where did you ride today?

man Ohh man.... today was soooo hot. Heat & age just dont mix. I'm in the Jet Black 24 on Mt annan next weekend. really looking forward to it.

Any BMUers going?
    in the middle of a midlife crisis

Sport

Finally getting back on the bike lately. Good to get the MTB'ing going again!

Third solo attempt of Loftus today, starting to learn the ins and outs of the trail. Princess Hwy Pinch, argh!
    Last edited by ruskie; 06-12-12 at 04:43 PM.
    Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don't stop when you're tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.

Visiting the Outlaws in Melbourne for Christmas, and I managed to talk the Missus into taking my car [so I could throw a bike in the back] because it it is more comfortable for her on a long trip. {enter smiley face with a Halo}
    Anyway, I finally got out on the bike this morning - to shift a bit of that Christmas Ham thats sitting on my guts.
    It has been really windy down here the last few mornings, and when I heard that there would be a strong NE wind today, I drove to Frankston & left the HiLux there, while I rode up to St Kilda & back. The idea was that if the wind did come up early, I would have a tail wind all the way back to Frankston. This turned out to be a good stratagy. By the time I got close to St Kilda the head wind was really strong.
    I pulled up at some lights near Chelsea and a nice young lady pulled up along side. we chatted a little and then rode together for the next 35km till Elwood. Turns out she was training for some Triathlon series and this week was Hell week - the equivelant of a Triathlon every day, for a week (glad I dont do Triathlon).
    The return leg, while solo, was very quick with the tail wind, and of the 80km travelled, my moving Av. was over 30kph - I was pretty happy with that.
    The guy riding alone, going the other way.....

Rode around The Old Mans Valley today. Its an awesome track.

all you pussies need to get there & enjoy
    in the middle of a midlife crisis

Default Where did you ride today?

Quote Originally Posted by StanTheMan View Post

Already have!

We went up to Bris Vegas to visit the inlaws over Christmas and then went camping at Kenilworth (glasshouse mountains way). My dually was out of action so ended up taking the singlespeed hardtail. Went for a ride with the brother in law on a firetrail, up a f*** off big hill (yes I did a LOT of walking). Looking back at the topo we worked out it was about 350m vertical gain in a single long uphill section - emu plains to Glenbrook up Lapo Hill is about 130m for comparison. My level of non-fitness + singlespeed + Queensland humidity + big hill = absolutely f****ed We also used the bikes to ride around the campsite and down to the swimming hole as well which was awesome.
    That weird guy who plays with beach cruisers...

Just did an easy loop this morning out of Fremantle inland a bit before heading back to the coast and a headwind ... nice and cool after the past week or so of heatwave here in Perth.

Andrew

Wanaka, so much goodness in a relatively small place...

Rode Old Mans Valley on Sunday, still a bit short atm but it's very very good!....the black runs are challenging

Ran into some old High school buddies too!.

Quote Originally Posted by StanTheMan View Post

Is it only for pussies?

Grumps
    Self confessed De Rosa fanboy.