Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Bianchi Life with Coffeboss

Quote Originally Posted by Lorday View Post
    That pump looks like a dick rocket
    hmm.. removable sealable cap, maybe one for your ID thesis Alex

Alex you should design a pump that can double as a CO2 canister thingy as well. I know they have them already, but most of them are crap.
    This would be the best of both worlds - pump it up to get the bead to seal correctly, then use a CO@ joey to get the pressure right up.
    Step 4 = profit.

Quote Originally Posted by rhys View Post
    Alex you should design a pump that can double as a CO2 canister thingy as well. I know they have them already, but most of them are crap.
    This would be the best of both worlds - pump it up to get the bead to seal correctly, then use a CO@ joey to get the pressure right up.
    Step 4 = profit.
    + 1
    . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by rhys View Post
    Are you sure you're latched on to the valve properly? 100psi from any level of floor pump shouldn't be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I missed the bit where you said it was a Floor Pump. I'm with Rhys there, you should easily make 100psi with that.
    I have an el cheapo BBB floor pump.
    Ok, I have to really lean into it but 120psi is never a problem
    Exactly, right? These are both Topeak Floor Pumps, they use the exact same dual head (Presta/Schrader) and yet my one just doesn't let you get over 100psi, Brendan's one does it quite comfortably.

On tire pressures, using the Michelin recommendations, I aim for around 105psi (77kg). They have a chart with recommended tire pressures against rider weight. It MAXES out at 116psi!

I have a Silca track pump which is great. The head was a bit of a kludge so I swapped for a Topeak dual head.

I also have a cheap Topeak which is fine for BMX, MTB and the kids bikes and bike trailer, but it's out of it's depth getting to 100psi. I feel like I'm going to bend the shaft* on it.

The head of the pump doesn't dictate how the pump operates, it's the barrel of the pump that does that. A bigger barrel will move more air but won't handle high pressures easily. A thinner barrel will move less air but will allow you to go to higher pressures without rupturing a spleen, for example a shock pump.

Grumps

* tee hee hee, I said "shaft"

SO, ah, the Bianchi-ness continues to grow around me now...

Went with a friend last night to Stanmore Cycles.

Met Bob, the proprietor and ended up gasbagging with him until after closing.
    They are a Bianchi dealer, and these guys love their Campagnolo stuff.
    He also had a Nitto seatpost in there specially ordered for a customer, and now that I have held one, I want one for my Pista!

A classic LBS this - nice people just up for a chat and years of advice and experience to share.

Saw this odd frame in there.

Ostensibly though, we were there to collect my friends purchase - this gorgeous new Bianchi Pista Sei Giorni

Hehehe, Bob is a legend.

Went in there once and commented about an old Merckx hanging up that he was working on for a customer. Mentioned my Merckx TT and then it begun. We went from Merckx to De Rosas to Colnagos, back to De Rosas and then we got talking about vintage BMX and MTB.

Think I was there for nearly 2 hours.

Grumps

Brendan's new purchase!

Bianchi life is strong in this one!

Woot! Loving the Sei Giorni...... even if I haven't had a chance to ride it yet

Grant you should come out for a ride around the city some time.

So there's a local loop Strava segment near home that I've been wanting to KOM for a little while now.

Not many riders have passed through it, just a friend of mine and this one other guy.

Well on Saturday morning I finally managed to put down the fastest time to date - it's a 15km segment, and I beat the former KOM by two whole seconds hahaha!
    Of course, the former KOM title holder is somewhat more prolific than me, and his time was put down after riding there from across town, and he did a few more laps around before heading home again.
    I don't expect it to stand...!

By the end of it I was fairly wrecked, but managed to continue on out to Tempe and back.
    I like to prove to myself that I can recover and keep going, after I put in a big effort on a sprint or climb.
    Cycling has a tendency to draw you on like that, I find. Just a few more miles...

Hoping I hold this for a little while longer than my last KOM, I short sprint segment near home.
    I held that KOM for about an hour until my riding compatriot got home and uploaded his Garmin data. *head shake*
    The bar is now set way, way out in front!

Of course, by simply posting this I've probably instigated something, never the less this was one of those little Achievements I'd set myself, so it's nice to be able to tick that box.

On to the next one!
    Last edited by coffeeboss; 26-03-12 at 03:30 PM.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast