Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carbon frame damage

Ok. I drove over to North Manly, to pick up the bike this afternoon - a 3hr round trip in city afternoon traffic

After innitially being a little underwhelmed by the finish on the repair - there was overspray on the frame, highlighting where masking tape had been during the clear coat re-finishing - I set the frame up in a repair stand at home and took to the repaired area with some extra cut polish, then some fine wax polish.

This made all the difference!

All the overspray came straght off and the deep lustrous gloss finish re-appeared.

The repaired area, on the under side of the down tube, has been painted over in black, which just extends the already black area around the BB. With the glossy finish now blended back into the area, i doubt anyone who didnt know it had been repaired would be able to pick it.

The guy who did the repair, was touted to me as one of the best guys in the country. This recommendation came from an independant source. So with that, I am satisfied with the integrity of the repair as well as the finish.

I'll post up some pic's of the repair over the weekend, but for anyone who wants to have a carbon frame repaired, the place I had mine done was - Bike Addiction, Nth Manly. The repairer's name is Stan.
    The guy riding alone, going the other way.....

Sport

Good to hear to came out alright despite the delay.

I always ask for ETAs in writing - in a receipt or something....never trust their word...hate it when you make a booking for something, bike, car, car part etc and you get the "Arrr yeahhh, Just bring it in mate, should be ready by the end of the week"

After a few attempts at this over the course of the last couple of weeks, I've finally gotten around some PC issues and can post up the pics of the repair.

The before shot - Crack in the downtube + deep scratches in the clear coat

After -
    The guy riding alone, going the other way.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123