Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you could have only one bike for the rest of your life what would it be?

Default If you could have only one bike for the rest of your life what would it be?

I thought it would be fun to raise this one!

The rules are you allowed up to $10,000 to spend and that's it. Bear in mind that versatility might have to play a major factor if you like off-road and on-road, or are you prepared to give one or the other up for that dream machine! Please post images and links of the bikes too. I'm still not sure what i would go for but will post up as soon as i know.
    Last edited by supertight; 25-02-09 at 08:18 AM.

Such a tough call. For versatility I'd have to go for a mountain bike if it was to be my only bike and I'd perhaps try to avoid carbon if I want it to last for the rest of my life (that rules out the Ibis Mojo).

Hmm would have to be mtb. Cos I'm enjoying the blur LT at the moment I guess I would be content with the latest model. That's a bit boring eh? the only other bike I am considering is the Gary fisher roscoe top of the range (I think it's roscoe iii). Either option with custom upgraded top of the line parts could easily nudge 10 big ones. Agree alluminium would be my choice too.

It changes day by day, today it’s the Chumba VF2 but tomorrow it could be the Orange Five, Niner Rip9 or one of the other bikes I like the most. Be a real shocker if I chose something that didn’t have suspension. You never know…

I would be more than happy with this built up with the bits I want, I've got dibs on the blue version.

I'm faithfully placing my trust for a life of cycling in carbon seatstays!!!!!!!!!!

id prolly build up a super light am bike with an adjustable travel fork.

something around 11kg with 140mm of travel....say ibis mojo sl or failing that something from the trail bike catogery of 120mm .... stumpjumper s-works,

a hard tail XC rig..... like a giant xtc carbon
    less things to maintain and break lol

Default 2009 Santa Cruz Nomad

Easy decision for me; 2009 Santa Cruz Nomad with XTR AM build and DHX5 Coil, in black.

Yeti 575

5.75inches of versatility

Quote Originally Posted by BT180 View Post
    Easy decision for me; 2009 Santa Cruz Nomad with XTR AM build and DHX5 Coil, in black.

i think SC bearings last a month- not a lifetime

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast