Page 1957 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 9571457185719071947195519561957
Results 19,561 to 19,567 of 19567

Thread: The Spam Thread

Good day today.

Got up late, lit the fire, went down to the garage and started on one of the workbenches. Came up, had a coffee by the fire, went back down to keep working. After some lunch, took a bike out for a couple of hours. Got home then went up to the Valley Heights Bunnings (a cross between a Bunnings and an old school packed to the rafters narrow aisle hardware store) to pick up some stuff, finished one bench. Had a beer on the front verandah watching the sunset, ordered pizza. Since then, I've been farting about in the garage and found the bike I took out lost 2 chainring bolts (thank goodness for old school 5 bolt cranks). Shared an apple with Blossom, who is my little possum friend that isn't shy about coming into the garage if the door is open.

Right now I'm having another beer and doing some innernets before switching on the Tour.

Go Ritchie Porte!

Grumps
    Self confessed De Rosa fanboy.

Living the dream grumps!
    That weird guy who plays with beach cruisers...

sounds good to me!
    The guy riding alone, going the other way.....

Really want to get out for a ride.......but it's just sooooo damn cold out there, today
    The guy riding alone, going the other way.....

At least you have a bike to ride, My rear shock has been with Fox for 6 weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Really want to get out for a ride.......but it's just sooooo damn cold out there, today
    The cold was secondary to the howling wind. And the weirdo virus I picked up that had me unable to get out of bed. Only a 24hr thing but I figure busting my ass in the wind and cold won't be the best way to look after myself.

Quote Originally Posted by TOU93 View Post
    At least you have a bike to ride, My rear shock has been with Fox for 6 weeks now.
    I hate that. Had a similar thing with a Rock Shox rear shock many years ago, I can't even think who the distributor was then but needless to say they're no longer in business because someone else was able to do it a damn load better. What size shock is it? I might have something that fits that to get you mobile.

And what sort of sicko owns one bike only?!

Grumps
    Self confessed De Rosa fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Grumpy View Post
    I hate that. Had a similar thing with a Rock Shox rear shock many years ago, I can't even think who the distributor was then but needless to say they're no longer in business because someone else was able to do it a damn load better. What size shock is it? I might have something that fits that to get you mobile.

And what sort of sicko owns one bike only?!

Grumps
    Well the whole ordeal goes like this. On my first ride of the Enduro i noticed that the CTD lever was doing bugger all and the whole rear suspension just felt like mush. Take the bike back to the shop they take the shock off and send it to Fox(Who are technically Sola Imports) I took fox originally 3 weeks to work out that it didn't work and fix it but then when the bike shop received the shock back there was scratches and marks on the sanction of the shock that weren't previously there. The marks looked exactly like a unprotected bench vice marks.

So the bike shop has been fighting with Fox about fixing the sanction($30 part) where fox absolutely refuse that they did it or had anything to do with scratching it. The shock had done a total of about 30km before the bike shop took it off and sent it straight to fox. The LBS didn't do anything other then remove the shock from the frame, put it in a box and send it to Fox/Sola who are in western Syd. Mid last week fox finally agreed to fix it but could not say how long it would take to do.

I also sold all my other bikes because they weren't getting ridden other than my now stolen, Intense. It got ridden lots because it was just so awesome.

And it needs to be a stupid special Specialized shock because of the way it mounts.